Waiting for today...: Deep Breath in... Exhale...

"Research has shown that such people are overrepresented among cases of fals...

"Research has shown that such people are overrepresented among cases of false confession because the conditions of their illness - such as proneness t... - Nyawela Gianna - Google+

Thursday, December 19

Deep Breath in... Exhale...


 “Heard the words deep down inside, I will survive… I’m stronger ’cause I-I heard a word, saying ‘girl you’ll be fine’”…
Heard a Word by Michelle Williams




These last couple of weeks have been rough and I’ve needed a pick-me-up. I hadn’t listened to Heard a Word, by Michelle Williams of Destiny’s Child, in quite a while. It’s a comforting and encouraging song that is not overly religious. Sometimes the less I am bombarded with the obvious, the quicker the obvious becomes… well, obvious.


Ever since I moved back to the states as a school age child music has played a huge role in my life. In the late eighties, Michael Jackson, Madonna, the hair bands and hip hop grabbed my attention as my home in the islands did not have cable television.   Music helped me through that transition, from elementary school to high school, from college to the working world. You name it music has helped me cope through it.  When the world seems to be crumbling down around me, music helps me to escape.