Waiting for today...: Longing for Springtime...

"Research has shown that such people are overrepresented among cases of fals...

"Research has shown that such people are overrepresented among cases of false confession because the conditions of their illness - such as proneness t... - Nyawela Gianna - Google+

Monday, January 13

Longing for Springtime...


Adam Thoroughgood House backyard arbor overlooking the Lynnhaven River...


... reminds me of springtime.  Looking through the arbor also reminds me of how cut off from the world I feel at times like these.  With the passing of the holidays my mood has not improved at all.  Time to make an appointment with my therapist and psychiatrist; I'm definitely ready for the dosage of my medication to be increased.

As a child, I remember being fascinated by everything around me.  I took to drawing early, trying to capture those things.  My earliest remembrance of this fascination is from elementary school.  Instead of paying attention in class, I went about trying to recreate a design I saw on a hand-woven bag.  My creativity has waxed and waned since then.  As I grew up and became aware of cameras, my interest shifted from drawings to photos.  It never evolved beyond pointing and shooting however.  And just as I lost my passion for drawing and “less than amateur” photography, I lose my desire to write from time to time.  I am almost certain that my lack of creativity is a symptom of my depression.  So on days like this, when I’m speechless and lacking, I’ll share instead one of my photos in hopes to somehow keep my diminished creative flow from dying altogether.