Waiting for today...: Troubled

Sunday, February 2

Troubled

“Feels like the world is closing on me...  I keep on slippin' deeper into myself, 
and I'm scared…”



At 23 years old, I hadn't done well in high school, I was from a lower class one parent household and still I was accepted into the nursing program at a four year university.  Due to the shifty encouragement I received as I entered community college years earlier, it was more than an opportunity to better my future.  It was also an opportunity to prove my critics wrong.  However, just as in high school, I barely stepped up to the challenge.  I did graduate, but it  was late and with a 2.52 grade point average.  I really hoped that after graduation... after the move, I would rise above all my past disappointments...


Ever since I moved back to the states as a school age child music has played a huge role in my life. In the late eighties, Michael Jackson, Madonna, the hair bands and hip hop grabbed my attention as my home in the islands did not have cable television.   Music helped me through that transition, from elementary school to high school, from college to the working world. You name it music has helped me cope through it.  When the world seems to be crumbling down around me, music helps me to escape.