Waiting for today...: Sunday the 16th: Hello Spring!

"In plain English, stress early in life makes us more vulnerable to stress la...

"In plain English, stress early in life makes us more vulnerable to stress later in life. The evidence for this can be seen in multiple physiological an... - Nyawela Gianna - Google+

Wednesday, March 19

Sunday the 16th: Hello Spring!


King Neptune statue at the oceanfront in Virginia Beach Virginia...



We’ve had more rain that sun in these parts lately and because I typically like to take my showers indoors, my venturing outdoors have been on a need-to basis.    

As my most recent bout of depression has run it’s course, I’m anxious to get out into the sun and walk around my neighborhood with some tunes or a camera.  As spring rolls in, I don’t expect the rain to cease but the 30 degree weather? Please…   

I find myself in the middle of an eventful week as I try to tackle my neglected to-do list whilst preparing a presentation on women’s health for the upcoming weekend retreat organized by the ladies of the congregation.  To my indefinite surprise, we will have guests from the congregation that formed as a result of the split.  

An essential piece of my wellness is to ditch the negative thinking.  But I have also vowed to carefully inspect and be honest about my feelings.  So, to be honest, I’m not sure about the above.  

Nevertheless, if it is in God’s will for us to fellowship, I can either expect the worst and begin my brooding now. Or I can rest in His perfection and trust him with my well-being.  I choose to work toward the latter.


As a child, I remember being fascinated by everything around me.  I took to drawing early, trying to capture those things.  My earliest remembrance of this fascination is from elementary school.  Instead of paying attention in class, I went about trying to recreate a design I saw on a hand-woven bag.  My creativity has waxed and waned since then.  As I grew up and became aware of cameras, my interest shifted from drawings to photos.  It never evolved beyond pointing and shooting however.  And just as I lost my passion for drawing and “less than amateur” photography, I lose my desire to write from time to time.  I am almost certain it is related to my instability.  So on days like this, when I’m speechless and lacking or time simply eludes me, I’ll share instead one of my photos in hopes to somehow keep my diminished creative flow from dying altogether.