Waiting for today...: Finding Me

"In plain English, stress early in life makes us more vulnerable to stress la...

"In plain English, stress early in life makes us more vulnerable to stress later in life. The evidence for this can be seen in multiple physiological an... - Nyawela Gianna - Google+

Thursday, May 8

Finding Me

So get in when you fit in, go on and shine.  Clear your mind.  Now’s the time.  Put your salt on the shelf, go on and love yourself ‘cause everything’s gonna be alright...




In the summer of 2012, I didn't realize that I was taking a huge leap toward establishing my own identity. It was over a year later that my world came crashing down.  It wasn't until then that I was faced with the reality that I was far from being the independent person that I boasted.  Sure, I have my own income by way of a career, can manage my income as to pay all my bills and indulge a bit, can get myself here to there as the Lord wills and I don’t have to have anyone else's permission.  Yet, I was far too dependent on people when it came to me… well, being me.   But not the person I was meant to be.



Ever since I moved back to the states as a school age child music has played a huge role in my life. In the late eighties, Michael Jackson, Madonna, the hair bands and hip hop grabbed my attention as my home in the islands did not have cable television.   Music helped me through that transition, from elementary school to high school, from college to the working world. You name it music has helped me cope through it.  When the world seems to be crumbling down around me, music helps me to escape.