Waiting for today...: the Aftermath

"Research has shown that such people are overrepresented among cases of fals...

"Research has shown that such people are overrepresented among cases of false confession because the conditions of their illness - such as proneness t... - Nyawela Gianna - Google+

Tuesday, May 13

the Aftermath


Sunbathing turtle on Windsor Lake in Virginia Beach Virginia...


One of the unpleasantries of coming out of depression for me is that eventually I am reminded of how difficult it can be for me to prioritize and manage my time.  For the first time since late March I am faced with that fact and I must admit it's a bit scary for me.  It may even be the culprit of my recent streak of irritability.  In the past and over a period of time, issues with time and priorities have overwhelmed me.  I would find myself frustrated, then hopeless and ultimately depressed.  Today, clarity has helped me see that managing priorities and time is easier when the list is simple.  So, seven weeks later, I have simplified my list in hopes to keep a grip on my normality: faith, hygiene, home.  If all else fails, I'll be okay.  I have to keep telling myself that it will be okay.



As a child, I remember being fascinated by everything around me.  I took to drawing early, trying to capture those things.  My earliest remembrance of this fascination is from elementary school.  Instead of paying attention in class, I went about trying to recreate a design I saw on a hand-woven bag.  My creativity has waxed and waned since then.  As I grew up and became aware of cameras, my interest shifted from drawings to photos.  It never evolved beyond pointing and shooting however.  And just as I lost my passion for drawing and “less than amateur” photography, I lose my desire to write from time to time.  I am almost certain it is related to my instability.  So on days like this, when I’m speechless and lacking or time simply eludes me, I’ll share instead one of my photos in hopes to somehow keep my diminished creative flow from dying altogether.