Waiting for today...: This Little Piggy...

"In plain English, stress early in life makes us more vulnerable to stress la...

"In plain English, stress early in life makes us more vulnerable to stress later in life. The evidence for this can be seen in multiple physiological an... - Nyawela Gianna - Google+

Saturday, June 7

This Little Piggy...


Posing peacock at the Ponce de Leon's Fountain of Youth Archeological Park in St. Augustine Florida...





Depression wreaks havoc on the piggy bank.  Unfortunately, the loss of interest doesn't stop at pleasurable activities.  The hopelessness makes me ask "what does it matter anyway?".  And the fatigue is not only in body but also in mind.  April was the first time I seriously took a look at my budget again.  But it was the month of May that shook my senses.  To get an approximation of how much I may have overspent, I tracked my spending for that month.  I did not make great efforts to curb my spending during this time, I just tracked.  Then in angst, I assessed the damage .  Last month I was more than a weeks worth of income over my budget.  That's not saying much at all to the uninformed.  But to me, it was the worst yet.  So I can safely say that from September to May I may have lost almost three months of income to frivolous spending and over indulgence.  All in effort to mollify my sorrow.  Some steward!  First, time and now this.  Revisiting my financial goals has again made me cognizant of my spending habits.  I'm no coupon extremist but I am making an effort to curb my spending in other ways.


As a child, I remember being fascinated by everything around me.  I took to drawing early, trying to capture those things.  My earliest remembrance of this fascination is from elementary school.  Instead of paying attention in class, I went about trying to recreate a design I saw on a hand-woven bag.  My creativity has waxed and waned since then.  As I grew up and became aware of cameras, my interest shifted from drawings to photos.  It never evolved beyond pointing and shooting however.  And just as I lost my passion for drawing and “less than amateur” photography, I lose my desire to write from time to time.  I am almost certain it is related to my instability.  So on days like this, when I’m speechless and lacking or time simply eludes me, I’ll share instead one of my photos in hopes to somehow keep my diminished creative flow from dying altogether.