Waiting for today...: It Takes a Village...

"Research has shown that such people are overrepresented among cases of fals...

"Research has shown that such people are overrepresented among cases of false confession because the conditions of their illness - such as proneness t... - Nyawela Gianna - Google+

Monday, September 1

It Takes a Village...

“You can't get to no better days, unless you make it through the night baby.  Oh, you will see those better days.  But you gotta be patient…”

Better Days by Dianne Reeves




As I’m pouring over the memories of my childhood, I’m having regretful thoughts of the absence of my father and grandparents.  Specifically, those missed opportunities to talk about the difficulties I was having fitting into city life.  Children often share with their grandparents things they wouldn’t with their parents.  With their father what they wouldn’t with their mother, and vice versa.  I wonder, having an opportunity, if I would’ve done the same; being as timid as I was and all.  But like all my regrets, I cannot predict the outcome.   At the time, all I could do was embrace the good and hope that the bad would get better…