Waiting for today...: Saturday the 29th: Exhausted...

"In plain English, stress early in life makes us more vulnerable to stress la...

"In plain English, stress early in life makes us more vulnerable to stress later in life. The evidence for this can be seen in multiple physiological an... - Nyawela Gianna - Google+

Saturday, November 29

Saturday the 29th: Exhausted...




Fog at dawn on US Route 13, Delmarva Peninsula



Four days off this week and I almost feel like I haven’t had any.  It seems as though exhaustion is in heavy pursuit of me… determined to take me captive.

It’s not just exhaustion.  I’m also feeling a bit overwhelmed.  I began going through my mail; attempting to get organised.  And tracking my finances; trying to get myself back on a budget.

This is a tricky predicament I’ve found myself in as I also have to study for a certification exam.

*sigh*

I’ve got to get a grip.  Recall my priorities.  Tunnel my vision on self-care only to avoid an unnecessary spiral.

I’m feeling fatigued.  
My brain feels “dry”.  
I’ve got a slight headache.  
I’m short tempered.

I’m dehydrated.  As I look over my activity chart, I realize that my water intake has not been adequate these last two weeks.  I’ve also been drinking caffeinated beverages.  Rehydration just may be enough 
to turn exhaustion away.



As a child, I remember being fascinated by everything around me. I took to drawing
early, trying to capture those things. My earliest remembrance of this fascination is from
elementary school. Instead of paying attention in class, I went about trying to recreate a
design I saw on a hand-woven bag. My creativity has waxed and waned since then. As I
grew up and became aware of cameras, my interest shifted from drawings to photos. It never evolved beyond pointing and shooting however. And just as I lost my passion for drawing and “less than amateur” photography, I lose my desire to write from time to time. I am almost certain it is related to my instability. So on days like this, when I’m speechless and lacking or time simply eludes me, I’ll share instead one of my photos in hopes to somehow keep my diminished creative flow from dying altogether.