Waiting for today...: Wednesday the 31st: What A Difference A Year Makes…

"In plain English, stress early in life makes us more vulnerable to stress la...

"In plain English, stress early in life makes us more vulnerable to stress later in life. The evidence for this can be seen in multiple physiological an... - Nyawela Gianna - Google+

Wednesday, December 31

Wednesday the 31st: What A Difference A Year Makes…



Welcome gate, Magic Kingdom theme park at Walt Disney World
in Orlando, Florida




Indeed!


This time last year I was knee deep in the worst acute episode of depression since college. It was also the first time I seriously sought therapy.  Although that episode would last almost a year, I’m happy to say that when it was finally over I was more hopeful than I had been in sometime; two whole years to be exact.  


I would find  myself depressed again a few months later.  Except this time it would be of a shorter duration and with less clean-up post-acute.  These setbacks left me with a little over a year to live peaceably.  Well, as much as I could while simultaneously trying to sort through and put the pieces

of my life together.
   
Nonetheless I can honestly say that it has been an amazing year.  I’ve learned so much about myself.  I’ve been thee most gentle with myself than I have ever been.  This gentleness is helping me to get through this very taxing process.  I’m embracing my awkwardness as well as those areas in which I am most weak.  Being honest… accepting… learning to no longer be embarrassed or ashamed of the person that I am.  The latter has been the most difficult but I know that it will no doubt be most rewarding so for it I am thankful and grateful.   Equally difficult is recognizing my strengths and being confident yet humble in them.  I’ve got a long way to go in this area but optimism is fueling me.

2014 will soon be a memory.  Still in a period of normalcy, I’m super stoked that I’ve survived these holidays.  I welcome the new year with anticipation… hope… Even more hard work is a head of me.  What is the saying: when you know better you do better?  

In 2015, I’m going to do better.