Waiting for today...: Unfit

"In plain English, stress early in life makes us more vulnerable to stress la...

"In plain English, stress early in life makes us more vulnerable to stress later in life. The evidence for this can be seen in multiple physiological an... - Nyawela Gianna - Google+

Thursday, June 4

Unfit

"People are strange when you're a stranger.  Faces look ugly when you're alone... Streets are uneven when you're down…”  
People Are Strange, The Doors




As Jim Morrison of The Doors sat with a friend watching the sunset, he realized that he was depressed and ultimately penned this song about feeling alienated.  I remember hearing Echo and The Bunnymen’s version of this song as a child and thinking it to be very eerie.  It wasn’t until college that I actually listened to the lyrics and realized it spoke to my soul.   No matter what I did growing up, I always fell short of fitting in.  And it wasn’t a day that went by that one of my peers didn’t remind me of that.  I was well into young adulthood before I felt complete alienation.  Although, I concluded the world was a painful place many years before… a place that I didn’t want to be a part of anymore.